Originally Posted By AndyF

I took the time to pull out the reverse engineering tool box and measure the location of the TF ports. Turns out that TF doesn't put the ports in a symmetrical location in regards to the bolt holes. The intake gasket as far as I can measure is symmetrical with respect to the bolt holes. One pair of ports on the TF head are shifted over by about 0.032 when compared to the other pair of ports. It is just enough that the gasket doesn't line up correctly.

This is not pleasant news. Have you talked to TF about this?
I pulled out a 906 head, and the intake ports are symmetrical to the bolt holes within ~0.010", using a caliper. I will assume that the original drawing has them symmetrical within some tolerances to the datums.
I have measured Edelbrock intakes which are much farther off than that. I just measured a Six Pack intake and the ports to bolt hole measured 0.050" different, between front and rear pairs.

But, I would expect a part that is CNCd to be within a few thousandths, front to rear, from port to bolt hole, and only that much because I would give ~0.005" true position tolerance on the tapped holes, if they were drilled.
The CNCd ports should be within 0.001" of whatever datum was used for setup. 0.032", if correct, sounds like an error in production somewhere.

If you don't have any more information, I will certainly give TF a call before I buy.
Robert

Last edited by rftroy; 01/23/16 04:29 AM.

AAR 4-speed 3.91, Tor-Red;
70 440 6 pack Roadrunner 4-speed 3.54, Plum Crazy;
68 Formula S conv 383 4-speed 3.23, Electric Blue;
69 Barracuda conv Slant 6 OD4 2.94, 71 B5 Blue;
78 Lil' Red Truck, Red;
70 Challenger S/E. 505 6 pack, Passon 5-speed, 3.55, B7 Blue