Quote:

Mcleod will have one out mid 2015. They have a GM version now. I got a passion quote,it was much higher than Hurst,Tremec ,Silver and Mcleod. Sorry Facts are facts. Price was over 3k more. Needs to be more competitive in this market,IMO. Just passing info.

I will believe McLeod has released it when I see it in a car. McLeod said the exact same thing in late 2010 which is what forced Jamie's hand in starting this thread in December 2010. Jamie ran into a LOT of unforeseen issues along the way, but his product has at least been in "limited" release now and hopefully, for his sake and those on the waiting list, he is ramping into volume production soon. The "comparable" T-56 Magnum as a bare transmission is $3k. Add in the cost of the other parts you need for a swap and the price Jamie has is competitive. Please do not compare the TKO-500 as something that is similar, it is not. The T56 magnum and Jamie's "855" are the only non-race transmissions available that my engine would not outright shred. Cheaper transmissions are just that, cheaper for a reason.

-Michael

PS. Just FYI... I do not have a dog in this hunt or a product to sell you. I am just a Mechanical Engineer who has designed a few things and know first hand the kind of pain Jamie has had to endure on his road to manufacturing this product. Earlier this year my name came up on the list and Jamie called me, I had been on the list since December 2010. Unfortunately it was about 6 months too late and I had already installed a T56 Magnum in my car. Kind of a bummer because I think it would have been cheaper to do the Passon and less painful.

Last edited by 68cuda440; 12/24/14 02:05 AM.