Quote:

Awesome car! Jamie's 5spd will be right at home in that beast.Keep us informed on your notice that it's ready and installation please.
Quote:

I'm in 18th spot and am still patiently waiting for this jewel. Not in a rush, as I know Jamie is doing it right. I also run 3.54's and a 29 inch tall tires, but still, dropping almost 800rpm in 4th at 70 mph would bump my mileage significantly...not to mention calming the entire driveline down. I'm currently spinning 3000 rpm at 70 mph.

I don't get how you guys run 4.10's or lower on the street with massive torque and the inherent traction issues. Even with gooey drag radials I always spin 1st & almost always halfway through second, and I'm hitting 70+mph at the end of second.

Squatting in 3rd after a downshift from 4th at 70 mph with a bit of tire smoke......3rd lasts about 2.5 seconds or less up to 105 mph from this speed. Gotta love stroked big blocks and twin disc McLeod's.

I'm worried the car would fly with a 5th gear though.

The scary part is it already put's the speedometer needle on the "H" in "MPH" on the speedometer in 4th. For those of you who know....that's kinda moving in these cars.

There were a few seconds some time ago while running against a Ferrari 599 GTO I would have hit 5th and left it on the floor for a few more seconds, but there was a curve in the road ahead AND I didn't have a 5th gear yet.

That story vanished from this site for some mysterious reason.... probably for my own benefit.

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)