Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Overdrive to me only makes sense for cars geared for the quarter mile i.e. 4.10's and higher...Id love to see how soon someone would break even in gas savings after buying this transmission and putting it in a resto car with 3.23's or 3.55's...would take an awefully long time unless your are roadtripping constantly...

I disagree-

1) Perhaps "modern" cars (does my 1998 Ram qualify?) have spoiled me but I find buzzing down the highway at 3500 rpm both limiting and audibly annoying. And this is in a car with 3.55 gears.

2) Gas savings isn't an issue (in my case), it would be more about making the car more pleasent to drive so I drive it more!

Yep.

Besides, some of the "savings" depends on how much highway you drive. I drive 28 miles one way to work, averaging 60-65 mph. I would love to drive my Duster to work everyday. Haven't done the math, but if 75% of my time is at highway speed, I would save at a faster rate.

My Duster isn't worth $4300 even if it is a 1 of 586 4 speed Duster 360s built in '74, but not having to cut the floor to put a 5 speed in is more than worth it to me. I have an R154 in my storage unit right now that I could swap in. Just need a clutch, pilot setup and driveshaft. If I didn't have to hack the center of the floor out it wouldn't be an issue, but I do and so it is.

I want one BAD!

Trying to find a place that will pay me $4300 for a kidney right now....

I had a 5 speed in my car this past summer...Drove 4000 miles, and the gas savings with the overdrive (cruising at 1600 on the highway) was definatly not noticeable. Friends with converter slipping, bigger gears, smaller tires, and no overdrive, were filling up just as much as me...When i did the math, it didn make it worth it to me.

By no means am i bashing this transmission. In fact with Jamie's rep, im sure its nothing short of AWESOME Im just saying, at 4300 dollars, its a little steep imo, and if im going to spend that much, id much rather spend it on something else

thats just my ...if it hurts feelings, ah well