Quote:

Mine came with a yellow breather hose that is mounted high on the firewall. Has yours got that? Also I never got the gear lever shift pattern decal. I still had to adjust 1-2 lever even after Jaimie sent it. Shift gate for neutral was not even and made missed shifts easy to do. Now all good. I used blue loctite on the shift lever threads to lock it in other wise they wobble around and wear over time. Don't forget it uses synthetic oil not Dino gear oil. I love mine and it is finally loosening up. Nothing but good things to say about Jaimie and the 5 speed product he produces. It will be kind of weird when you install as it fits just like a 4 speed. Also please remember to do up the speedo cable before you get the back end up to its position. First thing you will notice is the smooth and quiet running in neutral when you start it up.

It does not have a breather hose. I'll consult Jamie in a week or two and find out if I need to put one on there. Thanks for the update and personal experience with the adjustments etc.

There is an art to adjusting shift linkage and especially the mechanical clutch actuating mechanisms. The z-bar arms have to be perfectly lined up with the clutch's attaching rods on both ends for example. The connecting point on the z-bar and the rod ends have to lay flat, have no burs and be properly lubricated with the plastic washer installed. The more perfectly they square up to the clutch rod to the pedal assembly and throw=out arm, the better your clutfch will work. I also use a bit heavier spring to pull the throwout arm back off the throwout bearing(towards the front of the car) This helps a lot.

I almost exclusively use synthetic disc brake grease on almost every part of my car that takes lubricant, especially all those parts clutch Z-bar parts and contact points, and even super sparingly on the input shaft spines of the transmission and throw out bearing sleeve (I do mean super sparingly, like you almost can't even see it on the trans input shaft splines and throw-out bearing sleeve- you don't want it flinging off into your clutch friction!!!

It is the ultimate lubricant for most things that, move slide sin and rub against each other on these cars, including window tracks and mechanisms, and almost anything else the moves. It doesn't attack rubber, plastic, nylon or anything else, has an incredible temperature range, is exceedingly washout resistant, and has Teflon, PTFE, Moly, Graphite and other super lubricants mixed in it. Try it, you'll like it!!!

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)