another view sitting next to a Stage 2 (750hp/650tq) Extreme Automatics GM 200R4 with Lonny's (the owner of EA) CNC'd adapter ring and a bellhousing that used to be used to bolt the two speed racing Powerglides to GM's, Ford's, Big Block Mopars, Small block Mopars and the new Gen 3 Hemi's.

Notice how much wider even this small 200R4 is next to the Passon unit, especially by the rear torsion bar cross member location.

Even though the 200R4 requires the least massaging and fabricating of all the overdrive automatics, there is still some cutting and welding involved or the cross member, but on a dramatically, much less structurally impacting level and on a significantly smaller scale. The modifications are reversible too! If you ever want to go back to original. Check over on a-bodies only as the project progresses through the summer if you're interested. It uses no computer, is tough and requires only simple on/off 12V source to activate the lock-up, which automatically disengages when it drops out of foutrth.

I'm using a billet HD torque converter from Precision Torque converters. I guess I'm one of the first to go with the bellhousing method and the hybrid GM/Mopar style converter as opposed to the old Wilcat or TCI plate technique and a straight GM converter with adapters.

Last edited by jbc426; 05/28/14 11:18 AM.

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)