Well,
Time for an update before the rumor mill creates it own update. The gentleman at the Fall Fling was Bob Reed. He is a friend of mine who agreed to pass out flyers and talk with people about the unit since I was never gonna make it out there for the show.

We have been wrestling with porosity issues with both the main case and the tailhousings. These are not a strength factor, it would be a leakage concern at best. However, still a very valid and important concern. We have been working impregnating the castings with a sealant. This is an extra step and time consuming. However, at this point, I feel necessary. We are also working on manufacturing the internal parts so that we can make a production run with all parts in hand. This is proving to be taking WAY longer than expected. However, the shops that we are working with are the best that we can find and I have decided that we are not in a position to go through a "learning curve" with other shops.

We have also had a few other small design "issues" develop during testing, and these are being remedied. I am very happy with each design improvement that we have made. It has made a better functioning unit.

As for what was said on the For A Bodies only forum, yes, I hurt the car BAD testing the trans. I just got it back from the frame shop and we will be installing a 12 point cage in the car to keep it straight. Then the unit will be going back into it and we will continue on. The awesome thing is that we didn't hurt the trans though. Believe me, I clubbed the hell out of it too.

Let me take a minute to say that I am very thankful for everyone's interest and amazing patience. It has been a struggle along the way here, but rest assured that we are doing our best to create a hobby changing product here. After all, where else will you be able to change your car to a 5 speed in an afternoon with NO cutting or fitment issues whatsoever???? It WILL be worth the wait!

As always, if anyone has questions, let me know.
Thanks,
Jamie