Quote:

most of us are absolutely clueless as to what it takes to do something like design and manufacture a transmission. if those of us without this kind of design and manufacturing experience, and all the trials an tribulations that go along with it, actually understood the process and all it takes, we would be stunned.

that a small, basically one man shop has done this is an amazing feat. even if it never sees the light of day, it is, as far as i'm concerned, the accomplishment of a lifetime.

this isn't a distributor, or an ignition box, where if something goes wrong, you can pop your old one in in 5 minutes and be running again. even if you are good at it, swapping transmissions is an hours long job. and then what do you do with it once it's out? not everyone has the experience or wants to tear into a transmission to replace a part.

so it's hours and hours of work, or hours of work and ship the transmission back to him, where he then has to take the time to tear it down, replace the part, and ship it back.

that's insane.

get it right the first time, as right as can be. don't let it out the door until your are 100% sure it's ready, because even then there will be gremlins.

jamie has nothing but my utmost respect for what he is doing and the way he is handling it. i've talked to him many times lately with other transmission stuff, and this is all stressful as hell to him.

he has my

I could not agree more......I have been on the list since there were only 70 people. I will gladly wait instead of having to remove it and send it back if it's no good due to Jamie rushing it out the door.