Originally Posted By jcc
Originally Posted By mjb765
Starting to sound like that is the route to go.....I am hoping Jamie checks this thread once in a while and can update us.

For the record, I like Jamie, I like his track record, I like his customer service. And on this next point, I am only speaking my opinion and thinking out loud. I am not intending to start any rumors, as I know nothing about this topic other then the 15? pages posted here 382410.

Here goes, if Jamie wanted to back away from this 5 speed project, now would be the time. The time that has passed is obvious to everybody, nobody I think can argue he has made a Herculean effort, and has actually made and delivered the fine promised product in limited quantities. But in lieu of tarnishing his fine reputation, as it is starting to seem to others, who feel the clock is ticking, and making other choices, which nobody can blame. Unless there is one single easy way to overcome the bottleneck on future production, I suggest Jamie to carefully consider returning exclusively to what earned him his proud reputation. A shame, but just sayin.

John,
Thanks for the "calm" approach to the situation. I figure I will give a status update. I have been away from the board for an extended period. For that I am sorry as unfortunately real life has been steering the ship for a little while. I have been through a family member having a stroke and being rendered needing assistance since June. This has taken a fair amount of time. I also just had another family member pass away about a month ago. Again, also requiring time to be spread between "real life" and business. For this I am sorry. It seems that there is never a good time for that kind of thing. I am not looking for sympathy. Just letting people know that we are human here too.

I totally understand that everyone is getting rather annoyed at the extended time this is taking. I assure you that no one is more frustrated about it than myself... How would you like to have 20 phone calls a day about a product that you can't sell yet? Its a CONSTANT reminder that you can't truly rest... EVER. The amount of production issues that have crept up here has made it crystal clear to me that this is why NO ONE has had the balls to try this. Whether it is a good or bad thing that we tried it is debatable. However, we are not looking back now. We are too far in to quit.

I want everyone to keep in mind, the product that forced our hand in even mentioning this way before I wanted to has still not come to market for a Chrysler product and the GM version has been reduced from 800 ft/lbs of torque capacity to 500 ft/lbs. If it was not for this unicorn, I would have not said anything for quite a while until we had things dialed in and rolling. As they say, "The best laid plans..." Anyway, Let no one lose sight that I am getting nothing by dragging this out, but MORE grey hair. We are in receipt of the final pieces that we need to resume production of transmissions. We will be QC'ing these pieces and building several units for testing. As long as these function properly, we will begin production.

I'll say it again (even though it falls on deaf ears) THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT WE WILL HAVE 487 TRANSMISSIONS BUILT NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!! It also means that I can't tell everyone exactly when their unit will be built just yet so PLEASE do not flood me with those questions just yet. It means that the units will be tested and then disassembled and inspected and we will go from there. I realize that we lose customers daily, but I am committed to following the project through. Once the bag log is filled, we will stock the units in all configurations. I will attempt to post some photos an another post to show that I am not full of crap and we actually are doing stuff. Not sure how it will go due to file size limits. I will try though.
Jamie

Passon Performance 309 Turkey Path Sugarloaf, PA 18249 (570) 401 8949 www.passonperformance.com