Quote:

I'm in 18th spot and am still patiently waiting for this jewel. Not in a rush, as I know Jamie is doing it right. I also run 3.54's and a 29 inch tall tires, but still, dropping almost 800rpm in 4th at 70 mph would bump my mileage significantly...not to mention calming the entire driveline down. I'm currently spinning 3000 rpm at 70 mph.

I don't get how you guys run 4.10's or lower on the street with massive torque and the inherent traction issues. Even with gooey drag radials I always spin 1st & almost always halfway through second, and I'm hitting 70+mph at the end of second.

Squatting in 3rd after a downshift from 4th at 70 mph with a bit of tire smoke......3rd lasts about 2.5 seconds or less up to 105 mph from this speed. Gotta love stroked big blocks and twin disc McLeod's.

I'm worried the car would fly with a 5th gear though.

Yes, 4:10 gears, a 4 sp, and 550 ft lbs of torque makes for an interesting street machine. First gear is basically useless at anything more then quarter throttle. You barley let the clutch out and you need to push it in for second gear. Second gear sends the car sideways with the tires searching for traction. Next is third, if you feather the throttle you can get traction, but if you full throttle it, traction is still a long way off.
I am not saying the a 5 sp will make the traction issue go away, but it will help with the overall drivability. It is not fun cursing to a show or dinner and being only able to drive 55 mph at 3300 rpms.

I too am on the list, wasn’t told my number, but I will wait for the day when Jamie builds mine and when it gets installed.