Quote:

i understand its expensive to clean sheet design something but at $4300 for just a trans it mine as well be $43,000 for most of us REAL people

for the average guy who actually builds his car with his own hands instead of his cell phone and credit card this is out of reach and out of touch with the market

not knocking the product but for me and im sure a BIG chunk of this hobby that price is

No offense, but I think demand will far outpace the initial supply once these hit the market. I believe the typical buyer is going to be someone who has already put $15K+ into their car to make it a very nice driver or better, and wants to take that next step toward making it more user friendly on the road. If this does not meet your budget needs, then does a Tremec, or would that bust your budget, also? Granted, you pay more for better quality, and you can't have everything you'd like. I'd love a HEMI, but at $12K+, that'll never happen, but I'm not going to complain about how expensive they are, I'll just be happy with my 440.

It kills me how many people are saying this price is so high. The point of this transmission is to give us a better designed, direct swap 5 speed, as a better alternative to a Tremec/Keisler, etc.

Are you saying you won't drop the $4,300 for this, but will drop the $3,300+ in a heart beat for the other brands, not including the mods required to your car?

If you say your car is worth less than the price of the new transmission, than most likely nothing out there will meet your needs for price if you ever do look to make a swap.

What's wrong with us who do not have the time/tools/expertise to build our own cars picking up our cellphones and credit cards to get our cars done? I applaud those that can do everything themselves, and wish I could, too, but I can't, so AMEX it is.

Last edited by Dbowperson; 12/16/10 12:15 AM.

1973 Dodge Challenger 440-6 Pack 1966 Dodge Charger 1969 Dodge Super Bee 440-6 Pack