So far I've got around 3 hours drive time on the new unit. I'm also breaking in the rear end gears and the clutch. It's hard to stay out of it, but I am behaving.

The trans runs very, very smooth. The shifting felt a little notchy at first, but as the time and number of shift cycles increased, the easier it is becoming to shift. It is breaking in very nicely. I have no doubt it will just continue to improve as I get more miles on it. I love the lower gears around town and then being able to cruise at 70 mph at 2150 rpm. It's worth every penny saved and spent. Thank you Jamie!

So far I have a little over 125 miles on it 2/3 street light to street light and about 1/3 highway time on it.

I check the trans, rear end and other parts of the car with my laser temperature gun, and everything is staying cool, even the rear end.

Today, on the way to a car show I had my MSD Blaster coil fail and leave me stranded on the side of the highway. I got flat bedded home, checked the coil with an ohm meter and found it out of spec according to the MSD troubleshooting page. It was only 2 months old, and mounted near my horns far enough from any excessive engine heat.

I put a spare coil on at home and it fired right up. Summit is going to warrantee the bad coil.

Once it's fully broken in, I can hardly wait to wring this thing out through the first four gears and somewhere deep into 5th. Fear of death will kick in somewhere up at the speeds the car is now capable of with that overdrive and keep me from finding out how fast it can really go, at least I hope so anyway.

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)