Originally Posted by Fasbird
Yep, it sure is a pretty looking piece,

In regards to the rhetoric going back and forth, I too was once a 100% blind supporter. And, to be transparent, I had a Keisler Tremec 5spd in my car for quite a few years. In fact, a photo of my car is still on the Silver Sport website. Anyhow, for at least 9-10 years, I was always told that I was #200 on the list. My last conversation with Jamie was at the end of 2018, beginning of 2019. I looked back on this thread for my posts about talking to him. The posts are at the top of page 73, January 6 and 17th. Jamie told me I was #12 and should see a phone call in 1-2 months. The price at the time was $5475 plus shipping. You know the story.....I'm still waiting. Newest news for me, is I have started looking at the Tremec again from Silver Sport. That trans worked perfect for me in the past, and I'm sorry I sold it to wait for the 855. Oh well, live and learn.

Tens years to move from 200 to 12 and you are still waiting almost two years later. Wow.

I imagine Passon has lost 10-20% of his waiting list just because of time. He may loose/has loose another 25-30% of his waiting list now that there is an alternative. If that alternative is proven to be a fit without cutting, the loss may go to 50-75%. That means everyone on the list moves up, lessened demand on all parties involved, and the balance of the list may be able purchase their requested transmission within the next 10 years.

I'll agree its a good looking transmission. I also know there will always be those buyers out there that want a true bolt in swap with zero changes and zero modifications required to utilize their trans. Some cars will demand it simply because of value. If those of you who want that are willing to pay they extra in time and money for that convenience, that is your prerogative. Some of us have cars that are not as valuable, do not want to pay the premium, or do not want to wait for the delivery. That's the great thing about choice. I'm glad there are options out there.