I have had the 855 in my 70 V-code Roadrunner for about 2 1/2 years. 71 steel crank "heavy rods" 440, Edelbrock/Chrysler aluminum 6bbl intake, TTi headers, purple stripe 292°/.509 cam. Looking forward to TF240S. Going to build a 6XX HP and torque stroker motor one day.
It does have some gear noise in 1-3 but that doesn't bother me, at all. I went from 3,500 RPMs in 4th with a 3.54 R&P in my Dana 60 to 2,750 in 5th with 4.10 R&P. Shifts great. I've been down the 1320 about a dozen times and the shifts are so smooth, fast, and positive that I don't even think about it, I just slam the pistol grip and the next gear is there.
I got the 855 because IT IS THE BEST, although I'm grateful that it "dropped in", I would have modded my car for the best transmission to replace the 18 spline 833 that came with the car, but the 855 makes that a non-issue.
If I had a numbers matching car or didn't want to mod, there is NO other choice but the 855.
For me, there was no other choice because someone who builds the best, sacrifices more than most know to see it through, well that man is a CHAMPION in my book, and Jamie has my loyalty and business forever.

Last edited by BiomedTechGuy; 06/30/19 12:30 PM.