Quote:

Quote:

Tom,

beautiful pics!!

i have an RPM question.

how would it hold up on a aluminum carburetor?

the reason i ask is due to the potential engine heat putting at risk returning the RPM to a liquid, therefore risking the liquifies RPM running down and off of the carb

i think i recall that you guys used it on the exhaust of the car which obvioulsy would get hotter than the carb would, but i would think the car hasnt been run for long periods of time either so it may not be a good point of reference

i just want to keep the carb from getting that aged oxidized look without having to maintain its finish periodically

thank you
tony

Hi Tony,

Great question.

The exhaust you mentioned we used RPM on is the Valiant pictured above. It's used on the NOS head pipe and it has seen quite a bit of heat in fact, I have seen the temperature gauge almost at full operating temp. when moving the car around. I know the slant 6 isn't a fire breather but I have looked at the pipe on the lift after it has been run and the pipe's plenty hot and there is no sign of it running off once heat is applied. You can see from the picture that the pipe still retains an original look after a year. We have found that with heat RPM goes through a curing process.

I think RPM has merit in this situation. Steve's aluminum wheels are doing well after a year of driving. Have you tried RPM on other components? You didn't say if this is a show Car or a driver. We might get some input from the judging types on this thread on how this would go in the judging arena. comments? - input?

We saw 102 degrees today in St. Louis - stay cool out there.

Tom

Great! Thanks Tom! Now thats one more thing I gotta put this stuff on. You know how much more work you just created for me?!?!?!?!?!?!?