Quote:

There are so many little weird things about this A Body that you don't usually find on an E or B Body...amazing

Hi Alan! This was a controversial subject a few weeks back so I thought I would post these pictures of the alternator before it was restored. The Nationals hadn't even concluded and one of the "experts" was gossiping to others how I didn't apply the "yellow" inspection marks properly on the unit. Just because he had never seen a painted inspection mark "sprayed" on a housing, he assumed it was incorrect. Anyone looking at the original example would realize that the yellow over-spray on the INSIDE of the housing had blown through the openings from the FRONT! (If you look closely, there is actually quite a bit more than the line is pointing to.) Also notice the small yellow inspection mark on the bottom mounting hole. It was also "sprayed" on the unit. You can see the over-spray as is dissipates and the lack of "puddling" (had it been brushed or dabbed) in the 90 degree angles of the aluminum. One thing I have learned from doing these cars is that there will always be exceptions and oddities as it pertains to vehicles that were built by humans.