Quote:

I think the final score is being kept private and confidential.

Not at all Big Al!! I literally just sent Keith an email about this subject before seeing that this thread had been raised from the dead! (Perfect timing for Halloween....huh?!?!) Just this past Saturday I received the OE GOLD Certificate. The points are changed every year to keep things form being "figured out", so this years OE allocation was 2250 total points. We received 2240.75 points which means that we were deducted a total of 9.25 points. The "fluid" was a 1.5 deduction and my clear VIN overlay (over the original VIN decal) was given a half point deduction. See the caption below written by Mopar Action concerning this subject matter! The Challenger had a scoring percentage of 99.23% where this car received a 99.59%. I didn't get the itemized deductions with the Certificate so I have no idea where the remaining -7.25 points came from. There were some comments about our tires not having consistent dates but I don't think that they would have held that many "negative" points. Besides, two of the tires WERE correctly dated for the car which left three to take the brunt of whatever points were subtracted!

COMMENTARY FROM MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE

"The Valiant did not hit a perfect score, having points deducted for having brown power steering fluid instead of red auto trans fluid in the reservoir, and a new - though exact - clear overlay on the original VIN label, as the original overlay had turned yellow and could not be made to look new. Here again, we question the judges. The factory manual states specifically that power steering fluid and NOT auto trans fluid be used in the system to avoid damage. Also, if the overlay (but not the VIN sticker itself ) was knocked, wouldn’t it follow that rechromed bumpers or even a repaint, or new upholstery be knocked? Doesn’t seem consistent."