Quote:

If the judges can not tell the differance between repro and nos handles and they miss it I'd say tough luck. To me it would be like me trying to judge that type of cars and not knowing the differance. If they are still judging it now it says a couple of things.

Hi Corey! How have you been doing? Great I hope.

With all due respect, NO ONE could have distinguished the difference in what Mike Ross sent me (to use) while we were in a pinch. The two of us have had our differences but I can honestly say that what he offers is every bit as authentic AND correct as what was offered from the Factory! We would not have even remotely considered using them if they were not exactly like the originals. (We did however use the original push buttons and gaskets to try and keep with our original mission statement.) Even though the show is over, it is still important that I put the original pieces back in place. I did receive (just yesterday) the final outside door handle that I had been waiting for. The original interior handles are being re-chromed so at least they will be put back where they came from.

Regarding the Judges, other than what I have admitted here, they really don't (absolutely) know either way! In the next couple of weeks ALL of the handles will be "original" and back in place. I guess they will just have to go back and change the scoring AGAIN if that is what resulted from my post yesterday. I still maintain that a licensed, subsidized independent manufacturer, commissioned by Chrysler is just as legitimate for parts as the "beat-up" NOS versions from years ago. Think about it! The companies that made parts for Chrysler (back in the day) were nothing more than licensed, subsidized independent manufacturers, commissioned by.......! Sometimes the past IS a forecast of the future.