Quote:

...You can't expect a perfect score when two tires were made in Canada and two in the US....I don't think you could even come up with a reasonable explanation for the possibility of how that could have happened.....A nick in the kick panel could have been there when new?

The deduction on the tires had nothing to do with two being from Canada and two from the US. The ORIGINAL set of tires were a mix match! Four tires were from the US and one was from Canada. Goodyear obviously had two suppliers for the 6.95X14 Whitewall-Power Cushion tires. Do you really think that when they ordered them, they gave a hoot as to what manufacturing plant they came from? A reasonable explanation Alan? Who would conclude that when the tires were delivered to the plant, the line managers instructed the employees to separate tires based on the tiny print on the back side walls that said "made in USA" or "made in Canada"?!? It was the DATES that did not coincide! Three (not two) of them were a few months LATER than the build date of the car.

As far as the kick panels, they were pristine! I have NO IDEA where that deduction came from. I will take close up pictures of both of them for you guys to see if you can find ANY blemishes. The interior of this car was one of the more perfect aspects of the vehicle even before the components were worked on. I personally detailed EVERY interior component and can Guarantee that we NEVER would have allowed "nicks" or flaws to make it to the Show. Unlike date codes on tires, THOSE things could have been addressed or fixed.

We were also deducted for the "door glass". It was the original glass and did not have even a single hairline scratch ANYWHERE on the surface(s). They were beautiful to begin with but I had Jon Dodds spend two days buffing both sides (of each piece) to make sure that they had no inclusions whatsoever! I guarantee that they looked as good (if not better) than the day they were installed. When I showed Jon the deduction on the Judging sheet, his Jaw dropped in dis-belief! If anyone is ever in our area or city, there is an open invitation to visit and inspect the car in person. See for yourself the things that have been discussed on this forum. The only deductions/flaws we were aware of were the tires (dates), the 1971 Muffler date and a plastic wire tie! That is it.