Quote:

Didn't James Fillmore at Detroit Muscle Technologies already come up with premium gaskets using the correct materials?

......but have you not seen what DMT has to offer? They're currently the BEST available.....

I'm not sure how the industry has been convinced as to what is the "best" but I took your advice Alan and purchased what is currently available. The pictures below pretty much tell the story. The original is the dirty sample and my reproduction is the thicker of the two clean examples. From what I see their material is nothing like the original(s) or what we currently offer. It is comparable to Styrofoam that you can find at the Art Store! Certainly not the automotive grade that was originally used. Notice the open cell composite design between the three samples. The correct material has a "Snake-skin" appearance to it. Also notice that what you refer to as the "best" is 1/16" thinner than the original sample. One thing I never do is offer products or "reinvent the wheel" just for the sake of being redundant. Help me out with this one......what am I missing here Alan?!