Quote:

As a Chrysler tech starting in late 83 ......
Every single leaning tower of power I worked on came with rubber gaskets... and I worked on plenty that had not been touched before.

Thank you very much for your input Gary. For whatever reason, the magazine covering the car decided to solicit "opinions" about OUR restoration from individuals that couldn't find their butt with both hands! If you were doing a study on Cats, would you go to the Dog Pound to do your investigation or find answers? Some "expert" told the editor that they were 98% sure that these cars came with cork gaskets from the factory. This comment shows that their knowledge about this particular detail is either non-existent, they simply lied or were doing their best to throw a wrinkle in our story. This "someone" saw the vehicle at the Nationals and KNEW we used a rubber gasket. I guarantee that if we had used a cork gasket, this person would have said the rubber one was correct! If I am totally off base, how could any "expert" be so wrong about something they claimed they were 98% sure about? Keep in mind that NO ONE (so far) has been able to validate this "factory cork gasket" theory. Are all of you guys just lying about what you observed when you worked on these cars back in the day? No need to answer....it was a sarcastic-rhetoric question! I think we all know the facts, as do the instigators/experts who desperately want to interject some angle of doubt or incorrectness in our Valiant article! What a joke!