Cool thread!

Little more drama than I would prefer, but I guess it's all part of what the hobby has become (or perhaps more accurately - a regular day at moparts ).

All that aside, seeing this Valiant in "as new" condition answers a lot of questions that I had from back when I was buying and driving these cars as beaters. There were always a number of common items that seemed to rust out on these cars and looking at the reference photos in this thread I see that they generally are the parts that were unpainted or poorly painted from the factory. For example, the brake lines with the undercoating only on the bottom side would have been great for trapping water and road salt in them to make sure that that brake line failed in 6 or 7 years in my area of the world!

Seeing your car is the equivalent of stepping in a time machine to document one of these as it rolled off the assembly line. I for one have never seen one in this condition, so I really appreciate the chance to see one now.

Thanks so much to all involved for actually bothering with a slant 6 A-body - it's about time these cars received some attention. I mean, despite the fact that we all drooled over 6 pack Roadrunners and Hemi Challengers back in the day, these little bombs were the ones we (or our parents) were actually driving at the time.

Also, thanks for taking the time to share this with the Moparts crowd despite all the negativity that seems to surround the subject!