As for drag racing this would never happen at a real track. If the time display does not come up on the tower at the end of the track you do not move into the staging lane. It is your job as the driver when it is your turn to make a pass to compare the time you have writen on the windows of your car to the time on the tower at the end of the track.If time does not appear they you can not compare. Also most bigger tracks have back up timers.

I went back to bracket racing from class racing. So if my dial time is 9:38 and I run under(faster)that time I loss. If I am slow off the light to leave and I run a 9:38 dead on my dial in and my opponent leaves earlier and runs near to his time I also loss.If I red light I loss.If I cross out of my lane,I loss. It is the first person across the finish line without fouling WINS. Everyone racing knows the rules.The rules do not change during a race.

As for having a car Judged, there should be a standard for every Vehicle. There is not one Judge on this earth that knows everything about every Mopar model built. I wonder if the Judges come prepared to the Nationals. You set up a time to be Judged at the Nationals so the Judges know what is to be Judged, but I have seen many misstakes in the far past and they have improved over the years and hopfully they will improve by having Judged all your cars.

I would say the Judges could not prepare for a Car like the one you brought to the Nationals this year. Just how many four door cars alone have they ever Judged at the Nationals.

I wonder how they would prepare for Judging if I brought a 1938 Dodge Coupe to be Judged or if a friend brought his 12 mile Viper. Just what could they find wrong with a 12 mile Viper that has be stored in a one temperature dust free garage since new. The Nationals need to release a list of the mistakes on the car being judged, how does anyone learn from their mistakes if this is not done.

Remember its their view of a mistake, and maybe there was never a mistake on the car in the first place. Its their opinion only.

1971 HEMI E BODY REGISTRY