Quote:

....My Daytona was listed on the results as the second highest scoring OE GOLD car. You can debate a lot of things but I think the result was correct......In fact the one we put in the trunk still had the original GOODYEAR sticker on it!

First of all John, Congratulations on your OE results!! This years point system was actually different than the 2008 Nationals I attended. The white Challenger scored 2779.5 out of 2801 points, where the Valiant scored 2240.75 out of 2250 points. The percentage is the actual barometer for how well the car scores in the overall scheme of things. While the Challenger had a higher point total, it had a lower overall percentage. The Challenger scored 99.23% where the Valiant scored 99.59%.

As far as the trunk/spare tire John, the Valiant had no deductions. Your spare might have had a deduction due to the sticker that you mentioned. Original factory tires (including spares) never came with a sticker affixed to them. That is a tell tale sign that the tire is a service replacement. Just out of curiosity, what was the final point total for your OE Gold Daytona? Again, great job and Congratulations!