Quote:

I also don't get the deduct for the clear overlay. ....... Was there deducts also for the reproduction ECS decals throughout the car?

Neither do I Mike or the other guys who were involved with the Restoration of the car. The original VIN was preserved but the clear border was meticulously removed so a new overlay could be applied. To answer your second question......NO! There were no points deducted for the reproduction emissions or the jacking Instructions decals. ANYONE would have known that the Jacking instructions was not original because the material was new and not yellowed! We even did a side by side photo comparison of the original and replacement, showing how we positioned them exactly the same. When I asked about the "VIN overlay" deduction in an email, I was rhetorically asked, "Did the door sticker come with clear vinyl over it?"

My response was, "To answer your question about the overlay.....NO....it was not the original one that was applied over the original decal. Based on your rationale (as it pertains to THAT subject matter) should I assume to see deductions for the reproduction paint used on the original body panels of the car, the reproduction plating on the original nuts and bolts, the reproduction chrome on the original front bumper, the reproduction blue paint used on the dash frame, the reproduction paint used on the original engine, the reproduction paint used on the original rear end housing, etc.... If you did not deduct for those areas (which fall into the EXACT classification as the overlay) what discriminating criteria did you use to ignore or distinguish between those same differences?"

I am starting to suspect that there were things fabricated to keep the score from being too high or close to the "unobtainable" perfect mark! After the door handle issue came out five weeks AFTER the end of the show, I think that particular area was used to shift or transfer "some" points to take the place of having the "wrong color P/S fluid"! There appears to be an additional 5-6 points that were not mentioned at the time of the Judging at the show. I simply asked what they were and have received nothing but evasive answers. Where is the rationale or linear thought process as it pertains to the Judging criteria? What am I missing here?