Quote:

Fast forward to the Nationals. One of the Judges asked if the VIN decal was one of my reproductions. I told him "No" that the decal was original but the overlay was new. He said he asked because the clear covering looked to "nice" to be forty years old. We ended up being deducted for the new overlay. None of us understood why that particular feature was given a deduction when things like the original body panels were repainted, most all of the original metal components were re-plated, the original front bumper was re-chromed, etc.... but none were given deductions for their "new" coatings/coverings. Wouldn't you think that those particular restoration features be judged with the same linear logic and thought process? What was/is the difference?

Sounds like the judges need to make up thier minds as to whether a "perfect" car is one that looks like it has been in storage for 40 years or one that rolled off the delivery truck yesterday......I would have thought the latter.

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]