Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Asked dad and he to remembers the gaskets being rubber and that aftermarket ones would be cork.

Thanks for chiming in here guys! I have been more than surprised to find that a few "friends" have made it a point to talk to the Magazine that is covering the car and make sure that these "errors" were pointed out. They are such "good friends" but never had the decency to call and tell me what was boiling behind the scenes! To the contrary....they were actually part of the Gossip. Unbelievable to say the least. Many of these guys have preached about Chrysler vehicles being unique and how you can never say never with regards to how they were built. Then when I disclose some original DOCUMENTED characteristics, these same individuals suddenly do an about face and argue AGAINST the message that they have preached FOR YEARS! What I can't figure out is how they can say what is wrong but they can't SHOW anyone what is Right! Their typed words and opinions somehow trump the factual pictures that I consistently exhibit! I also find it amazing how they knew so much about this vehicle but NEVER had seen it before or during the restoration. I could bring a Chrysler Snow Runner to the Nationals and these "friends" would come out of the woodwork and claim that they had been researching and documenting THOSE vehicles for the past 30 years. I wonder what the real Target is for some of these "experts" and "friends"?!?

I think the mopar hobby has become what the corvette hobby has been.

Bite your tongue.

Lets hope it never gets to that