I started thinking about what I had done at work two weeks ago. I work for GM and the Camara side was down for the week for retooling for the new Buick. I walked into the Rim Room to look around and saw that the same 3 spare tire rims were still sitting on a platform. These rims have been sitting there for 6 months. I talked to the person that is the head of the Rim/Tires Assembly and we came to the conclusion that these rims should go back on the line. Now I start thinking in thirty years some guy is going to restore his 2011 Camaro and get a deduction for a spare tire rim that is 6 months out of date. It is the original rim that was put in the car in November of 2011 but the rim has a May of 2010 date code on it. I also started thinking of how the systems works. If you assemble all four rims and tires and put them on a car and one tire or rim is damaged during build and the assembly line would toss another rim and tire on the car at the end of the line. Now this tire and rim would of been built up months before and would sit at the repair station until needed. The rim and tire could sit for months, up to maybe 9 months. Now you would have 3 rims and tires with close date codes and one complete odd ball months apart from the other. This happens were I work once in a while. If the owner uses the four rims that came on his car at an OEM Meet he would be deducted for the oddball rim. This is why there should be standards so everyone could prepare and this owner could change the one rim to a closer date code so no deduction would be given.

I do not think there will every be a clear picture for all these deductions.

I have only known one vehicle that has ever scored a perfect score at any large Judging meet and that was Fawcett Motor Car of Whitby Ontario. Now there could be others. Fawcett"s deal with Model "A" and "T"s.

1971 HEMI E BODY REGISTRY