Quote:

so how do the cars with reproduction tires get judged?
do the dates matter on those tires?

I have no idea Tony. The tires I found were the nicest ones that I had ever located for any of the restorations we have completed. I spent the entire two years of the project trying to find a perfect set for the car. I actually did find a few correct NOS dated tires for the car BUT their condition was not like new! If I used those on the Valiant there would have been no points gain because we would have been deducted for their condition. I personally chose using the "wrong dates" because the tires used for the car had NEVER been on the ground. They had their original white lettering, whisker nubs and rubber center "flash" on every tire. It didn't bother me that 3 of them were a couple of months off of the car's build date. Unless you had a Goodyear decoder for the dating, you would not know the difference. I was not willing to use an NOS tire that was date coded correctly BUT with dry rot or damage to the sidewalls. I still had the original tires but they had 10,000 miles of wear on them. I am STILL looking to find the correct dated tires. They are harder to locate than any Goodyear Polyglas GT tires I have ever tried to find!