Dale was back with the cylinder head much quicker than I anticipated, rolling back into the facility around 4:30pm. He had barely placed the head back on his hitch cargo carrier/converted work bench to clean it up for re-assembly when a gentleman walked up with a bunch of Indy rockers, shims, locks, and retainers. I think his name was Steve, but I remember faces far better than I remember names, anyway, he had heard the call over the loudspeaker for parts, and had driven forty-five minutes back home, gathered up some of his stuff, and drove back to see if he could be of assistance! He ended up selling the stuff to Dale for about half what it would have fetched here on the Moparts classified section, not to mention his time and fuel.
"You are a lucky dog!" I teased Dale
"People on Drag Week just never cease to amaze me", he shook his head, "the amount of help we've gotten over the years from random hot rodders and car enthusiasts...it's just awesome!"

Shane McClelland pulled up in the Crusty Nova, trailer in tow, clearly on his way to Cordova, and checked to see if Dale needed anything else. Shane and Dale were in the final of the Shootout last year, but neither were having the kind of Drag Week in 2015 that they had planned. Shane was currently fourth in Modified PA, and Dale was fifth.

055 - Copy.JPG057 - Copy.JPG

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines