That's quite alright John, been busy last couple days anyway!

I asked Boone to help me get a picture of my time slip, then he joined me on the walk up to the tower to turn them in, and get our route sheets.
"So, how much sleep did you get before Dale called you to go ahead at the second checkpoint last night?"
"None", Boone shrugged his shoulders and shook his head as we walked, "it was crazy, I was at that gas station for two and a half hours in a big, bizarre, bench racing session with locals, and other Drag Weekers... I thought I would never get out of there!"
"Really! How the heck did that happen?" I'm always amazed when Boone has long conversations with anyone other than his brothers,as he's not exactly a social butterfly.
"Well, first, that guy with the blue 427R mustang pulled in to get gas, and he walked over and started telling me his impressions of Drag Week so far. He talked about how his brother Roger wanted to go in that '58 Volvo contraption, so he convinced him to do it, and he bought that '08 Roush just for the event!"
"That's a stick car isn't it? Seemed like he was struggling, a bit", I added.
"Yeah", Boone agreed, "not much seat time! Anyway, his brother broke the Volvo on the first day, so he decided to just ride with Charles in the Mustang, but they asked one of the Drag Week staff and were told that wasn't legal!"
"BS", I exclaimed, "Guys have been doing that since the beginning of Drag Week!"
"That's what I told him also, but he said it was for the best, because his brother decided to take the Volvo back home to Illinois, then pick up his son and meet back up with him in Union Grove, and follow along from there."
"That's cool, but that's not a two hour conversation".
"Oh no", Boone laughed, and shook his head again, "We're just getting started!"

12029812_10153733657978938_2958872179868239873_o.jpg12000936_10153728199848938_7040315359155283477_o.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines