Originally Posted By MoparBilly
"So then", Boone continued, "this guy pulls in driving a short-bed Dodge, 72 up style, with big tires, and a small block, and he gets out all excited, and starts talking about how his buddy Trevor is going to freak out when he finds out that the one and only Barnyard Viper is right here in the middle of his home town."
"You're making this part up!" I challenged him, looking to see his expression.
"I swear!" He looked at me seriously, "it gets crazier, this guy looks me square in the face and says: 'with Trevor, there is is wife', and he put his hand level, 'then God', and he put his hand higher, 'then the Barnyard Viper!', and he raised his hand even higher."
"That's a pretty strong statement", I added.
"Yeah, so he's looking at the truck, I'm showing him everything, and I kinda figure the Mustang guy would excuse himself, and head on to Indy, but he just kept right on talking. Then, a little later, another guy pulls in and immediately starts talking to the first local about whether or not Trevor knew the Barnyard Viper is in town! The first guy tells him that he already texted Trevor, and he's at work, with no way to escape. Then the second guy starts telling me how much Trevor loves my truck!"
"You're lucky you made it out of there alive", I teased.
We walked up the stairs and into the tower suite where Tonya Turk, and Tara Fling took our time slips, looked at our pictures of the checkpoints, then handed us our official Drag Week time slips and route sheets.
On the way back Boone continued, "then that Father/daughter team pulled in driving a slow Camaro in Street Machine Eliminator, and they were looking for emory cloth for Jeff Lutz, so he could try to polish his crank up, and keep going..."
"Polish the crank?" I interjected, "Where was he?"
"He was on the far side of town, in a dealership parking lot, according to what they told us. So the guy in the Dodge truck volunteered to go to his shop and pick some up for them. Meanwhile the Camaro group just jumped out and started right in on the bench racing session with me, Charles in the Mustang, the second local, and two guys on a golf cart from the car lot across the street! Just when I thought it couldn't get any more bizarre, a mini-van flew into the parking lot, and a woman gets out dressed in a nursing outfit, and explained she was on her way to work, when she looked over and saw the real Barnyard Viper!"
"Stop it, Boone! If I write that, I'll have no credibility left!
"It's the truth! She was Trevor's Wife! So then she handed me her phone and asked me to take pictures of her and the truck, because the Barnyard Viper is his screensaver, and now he could have a picture of it with her in the shot as well!"
"Oh, boy; I'm surprised you could even get back in the truck as big as your head had to have been at that point!"

Now that is funny as hell Billy... you have a star in your
midst.. LOL
wave