Since it was clear that the awards ceremony was going to be delayed, Boone and I headed back over to our pit area. We stopped in our tracks when we saw Tina Pierce of Street Outlaws fame storming across the path in front of us. The pace at which she was marching, and the scowl on her face was easily readable to a couple of Okie guys. When you see an Oklahoma gal on a mission like that, you steer clear, and hope you aren't the one she's looking for!
"Any man don't want to get killed, better clear on out the back", Boone did his best Clint Eastwood impression, then laughed.
"Don't suppose David is in trouble do you?"
"Naw, had to be something else...he is a man though, sometimes that's enough!"

Dale and Darren were back when we returned to our spot, but Rachael and Skippy were gone in Darren's Ram.
"So, you got your head fixed", I questioned Dale.
"Yeah, a shop just up the road", Dale got a big smile on his face, "Ever hear of Gary Duckworth?"
"Yep, raced Pro Stock in the eighties with a third gen Camaro, AHRA, UDRA, Midwest Pro-Stock Association, stuff like that. Darrell Alderman drove for him for a while before Wayne County."
Dale's smile was quickly replaced with a dumbfounded, surprised look, "How the heck did you know that?"
"You know I was a magazine junkie back then, and there was an article that featured like 6 or 8 outlaw style Pro Stocks...can't remember if it was Car Craft, or SS&DI...but I remember that Gary's car had Darrell standing beside it, and it was like 615 inches."
"Did you know Ronnie Sox drove for him also?"
"No, that's news to me!" I admitted with a shake of my head.
Dale's smile returned, now that he had enlightened me on something I didn't know, "Yeah, I had never heard of him before, but when we walked into his shop...it was awesome, tunnel rams from back in the day sitting everywhere, pictures all over the walls, really cool, and he was great...super nice guy!"
"Where did Rachael go?"
"She stole my truck!" Darren interjected.
"We ordered like eight or ten pizza's from Pizza Hut, and they are going to get ice and soda as well", Dale explained.
"Quickly becoming a Drag Week tradition, at least one Pizza Hut stop a year", I agreed
"Yeah", Boone added, "right up there with getting less than half of our daily recommended amount of sleep!"

Clark Lamb and his 68 Barracuda have successfully completed four Drag Weeks, with a stock stroke 360 doing all the heavy lifting. 2015 was the small block's best performance numbers, but a W-2 stroker will probably surpass those soon.

#14 Clark Lamb Blue 68 Plymouth Barracuda
Day 1: 11.38-118.6
Day 2: 11.37-118.5
Day 3: 11.50-117.6
Day 4: 11.52-166.6
Day 5: 11.39-118.5
Final Average: 11.435-118.01

121-drag-week-day-4-race-cordova-lpr.jpg239hrd-150900-faces-of-drag-week-2015-racers-portraits - Copy.jpgmopar-chrysler-2015-drag-week-07.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines