With arm bands secured, I was directed to the Gear Vendors motor home, to get my windshield banner, and the Hot Rod T-shirt vendor for my event t-shirt. Knowing how quick they sell out of big guy sizes, I went ahead and picked out three of the other Drag Week designs as well. Most of our group had cleared the pavilion by the time I returned to the Valiant. Darren was last in the Charger, and when he got out, I could tell he was ready to bite someone's head off.
"Keith's a freaking idiot! He says I can't run my tires, because they're treaded!"
"I read the rule a hundred times", I explained to him, "It says no CONVENTIONAL treaded tires...there is nothing conventional about M/T Sportsman Pros...they're a soft compound, bias ply, wrinkle wall tire!"
"That's what I told the moron...but he just kept repeating 'treaded, treaded', I wanted to pop him in the mouth! Where the heck is DF, or Lonnie, I need to talk to someone else."
"I brought that pair of M/T radials with me, we'll just have to get them mounted", I offered. I would argue his point tomorrow if we had no option, but you have to pick your fights, at the right time, and right place. The end of the day, when everyone was worn out, wasn't it. He seemed to be mollified by the fact we had an alternative, and headed off to get his banner.
"What did they say about the nitrous plate", Boone asked me once everything had settled down.
"Uh...well", I shrugged, and looked over towards the Valiant, "Now that I think about it, I went all the way through tech and never raised the hood!"

12027287_10153703254058938_1667609945771528087_o - Copy.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines