You could tell the pressure of a much quicker Street Machine Eliminator class this year was already forcing guys to make extra passes, as Jason Ogle was still banging gears in his barracuda, also Clark Strong and Scott Abbott were still around to close the track out, trying to get their Road Runners as close to 11.50 as they could.
Monte Smith didn't have to drive the route, but he still had a long night ahead of him, as the Nitrous fed, monster motor, 'Vette that he was offering assistance to, was the very last car down the track.

Once we were all back to our pit spots, it would have been nice to sit around and decompress a bit, but we had to get all our stuff situated, and get prepared to hit the road.
Rachael already had her time slip turned in and had her route map. Darren was going up to explain that he was out , and get permission to pull his trailer out of impound. He was not alone, as there were already about 5 or 6 other lonely trailers in the pits, with guys loading up their Drag Week 2015 dreams as well as their cars.
I tried to grab Boone to join me for the walk up to the tower, but he was scrambling through his truck for something.
"What are you looking for?"
"I can't find my first time slip now", he was digging through his pockets, "I swear I had it right here!"
This is a totally foreign concept to me, of the 2500 or so passes I've made, I've only lost about 6 time slips, and even that irks the heck out of me. Dale on the other hand, stuffs his in the glove box, scatters them around like confetti, I bet he doesn't have 10% of his time slips left.
Finally Boone gave up and decided he would have to turn in the second one, and give away 2 hundredths in ET.
"Just think If you would've decided one was good enough!" I tried to cheer him up, it was not effective.
"Where is that going to put Rachael? Boone asked as we made our way into the tower and collected our maps.
"She's done", I determined. "She gave away 46 hundredths, so even if she was to run 11.50 with an 0 for the next 4 days, I don't think she can crack the quick 32...there were an awful lot of ten second cars with an R on their window today."
"You going to tell her?"
"No...I don't really think she cares, and if she can put down a new best five day average for the Belvedere...that will be good enough!"

When we returned, Dale and John were just heading up to turn their slips in.
"Did you get your ten, John?" Boone asked.
"Yeah...10.95", John answered.
Boone looked at Dale, "Gosh dang-it Dale! THATS supposed to be my time slip!"
Dale just laughed and shrugged. Boone's five day average was just .04 slower than John's last year, and this was supposed to be his year in the tens in his mind.
Rachael and Skippy were working hard to get us ready for the road...now if I could get them to work smart. Laws of leverage are apparently not taught any more, so I had to give a brief tutelage on the concept of where you put the weight is just as important as how much you are hauling.
Darren and Dad returned from impound with Darren's trailer on the back of his silver R/T Ram.
James jumped behind the wheel, and Dale, Darren, and Dad all got a running start with the beast in hopes of getting it up the ramps in one shot.

12033112_10153722144908938_1278680420174848979_n.jpg027 - Copy.JPG

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines