"Sorry about the delay", the Gateway NHRA tech offered as he took my registration sheet from my hand.
"Don't mind at all", I motioned towards the Brian Jensen's Torana (think Australian for "ugly vega") "I just think it's cool you took the time to do that for them, I appreciate that".
"Aw heck", he smiled, and reddened a bit, "I couldn't let them get this far, and not be able to run the car all out because of one little sticker!"
He paused, and looked down at my sheet, I had pre-checked the 10.00 box...you know, just to help out a little...
"Ok, ok, you got a helmet and jacket?"
I pulled the foam back on my helmet and showed him the snell rating, then held up the three layer jacket.
"Seat belts up to date?"
I flipped up the harness for his perusal.
"Great...you're good!" He signed off on my sheet and handed it back. I pulled up one more car length, handed my registration and insurance to Tonya Turk, and she gave out instructions to the guys about what numbers to affix to my front and back glass.
That was it, I shot out the other side of that pavilion like gas through a funnel, eggs through a hen! Ok...not really, but any time you get the chance to use a line from Wolf Creek Pass, you should probably take advantage of it (youtube it, young folks, it's a song).

12022498_10153703276353938_5733217869812450251_o.jpgtech 2015.png

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines