Originally Posted By Dart451
Not only did I meet you, I got mentioned in the story. Nice meeting your crew!!

It was an enjoyable visit as with you and your Wife as well, even if we were a little haggard, and preoccupied! Of course, it only added fuel to John's fire, as he had been teasing us about being celebrities, and Drag Week insiders all week! I particularly like the pic of me removing the exhaust from the Valiant because it has the Valiant, the Barnyard, the Gremlin, and a beautiful young lady in it! Of course, the pictures also got a smile out of Boone, which, on a Drag Week Thursday, can be a difficult thing to do!

This was my third visit to Cordova Dragway, but my first chance to actually make a pass down the track. My first visit was in the mid nineties as an OTR trucker, when I stopped by Sunday morning of the World Series of Drag Racing. Everyone laughed and explained that I had missed the big show which took place on Saturday night. I ended up having breakfast with the Fuel racing husband and wife team, Brent and Vicki Fanning though, and that casual conversation will be something I'll remember for a long time. The second was Drag Week 2006, with Boone and his 78 D-100, so I was really excited this time to add the place to my list of "Tracks I've Raced At"!

100_2424 - Copy.JPG100_2431 - Copy.JPG

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines