Dale's Gremlin seemed to trail more than just tire smoke after the burnout, but it could have just been burning off the oil that had leaked on the headers when he tore it apart. He had so much timing removed for the nitrous that the 440 struggled to come up on the converter and he gave Myers' LS powered Corvair wagon a sizeable jump, but drove around the mid twelve second car for an easy 10.21 win.

Monte guided Dave Schroeder and his Vette into the beams, the car blew the tires off about forty feet out in what appeared to be a much more aggressive hit than their usual "We are just trying to get down the track" Drag Week approach.

At the call for second round, I jumped in the Valiant, fired it up then pushed the trans-brake button to back up, nothing. Checked the shifter, looked down as I pushed the button, nothing. I flagged Boone and Skippy over to push me back out of the pit spot.
"What happened?" Boone looked at me, concerned, as he pushed from the window post.
"No reverse...or no trans-brake, not sure which. You're the trans guy, you tell me!"
"Not like we have time to do anything now", he smirked, "What are you going to do?"
"Foot brake it, and hope I don't get put in a position where I have to back up!" I informed him as I headed the Valiant towards the lanes.

12029846_10153728178923938_4314516414946871046_o - Copy.jpg097.JPG

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines