Dale was paired up for the second round with Keven Rolph's 67 GT 500 Mustang, and once again he had trouble on the leave. The Big block Mustang had a car before the Gremlin moved. It sounded as if Dale stabbed the throttle from nearly an idle and the nitrous hit instantly. As soon as the front end came down, the Gremlin jumped hard right, completely out of the groove forcing Dale to lift and guide it back before giving serious chase to the original Ford muscle. His 10.04-142 was certainly up to the task, but all his troubles at the start made it harder to get around the 11 second FE than it should have been.

Kyle from 1320 video walked over to ask about my previous wheelie, but I had to inform him not to expect another, as I was foot braking for the remainder of the day. My competition for the second round was the same T-type Buick that had dispatched John, so I knew it was capable of 10.0, but Lisa was wearing a complete fire suit and the cage was certed, so I figured the car was well in the nines when it needed to be. My only hope was that I could force the V-6 to show everything it had!

Before we were able to run however, Keith Harrison's all fiberglass 34 ford coupe managed to lose the passenger's side door at half track on a winning pass! Keith bought the coupe at a police auction, and had added the BBC from his
white 55 Chevy Gasser to win 3rd in the Hot Rod class.

Turbo headers 37_zpsma3deks4.jpg20150919_125041.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines