We are nearing the time in each year's story when I start counting down the Mopars at Drag Week based on their finishing 5-day average, and one of the disappointing things about Friday at St. Louis was the fact that our Hemi B-body count went from 3 down to 1.
16 cars that turned in time slips at Cordova, didn't at St' Louis, and we know that includes the "Off Route 9" who got disqualified. 4 of the 9 were running "exhibition" on Friday, so we know who they were, but that leaves 5 disqualified cars along with 7 that were simply broke and couldn't make it. I don't know which group Mike Chenoweth's 70 Hemi Road Runner or Rick Callahan's 69 Hemi Road Runner fell into, but both of their cars had slowed considerably from the pace they set int the first two days, so they seemed to be suffering mechanical woes.

We will concentrate on Chenoweth's Limelight '70 first, which was attempting a 5th Drag Week. Unforunately, this year makes Mike and Road Runner's 4th DNF. Hey, let's face it, she's a big brutal car that makes a bunch of Horsepower...so stuff gets torn up!

The Hemi's best year was 2010, when a 10.71-129.3 Average was good enough for 4th in Street Race BB Normally Aspirated.

This year:
Day 1: 10.91-129.5
Day 2: 10.94-129.0
Day 3: 11.65-124.7
Day 4: 11.21-121.3

Somebody out there knows what befell the beautiful bird, but I haven't heard the story yet.

mopar-chrysler-2015-drag-week-11 - Copy.jpgmopar-chrysler-2015-drag-week-17 - Copy.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines