Rachael's first pass in Darren's Ram R/T didn't go quite as well as planned, as she spun pretty hard out of the hole, and did a terrible job shifting. It was somewhere in the low 15's, and after consulting with Robert about his experiences racing his truck, they decided to leave it in drive for the next attempt. The second pass was 14.54 @ 95, which was faster than Robert's black R/T ran on Drag Week last year, so that seemed to make Darren happy. I was sure Rachael would run the silver 1500 until it was out of gas, but after the 2nd run, she parked it back in our pit spot, and started helping Darren re-load his stuff.
"That's it? Just two runs?" I shrugged my shoulders at her, "I figured you'd make more than that!"
"Naw", she wrinkled her nose, "It's not nearly as much fun as the Belvedere!"
Robert laughed as she walked away, "You've created a monster!"
"Wow, I guess, that 440 on nitrous has her spoiled", I agreed.

Meanwhile, it continued to be all hands on deck, as Dale re-assembled the Gremlin. One of the Trapnells walked over from the Aussie camp to commiserate. Apparently they had found someone local who could re-grind their damaged BBC 50MM camshaft, since they were unable to find a replacement.
"How the heck do you find someone who has the ability to do that!" I asked him.
"Only in America, right!" He laughed, "but we will be at Cordova before 2pm tomorrow, I guarantee it!"

058 - Copy.JPG059 - Copy.JPG

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines