Well, as you can see in the photo, we were hanging out there with the Aussies in the clapped out Chevelle...and it doesn't get any more sketchy than that group!

By the time we got the t-stat re-installed and headed back out to US-67 South, the weather had taken a change for the better, and the sun was shining down on us for the first time on Thursday. We crossed over the Rock River, under the I-280 bypass, and after a few stoplights through Milan, we were on a divided four-lane road headed out into the beautiful Illinois country side. We rode along, enjoying the view for ten miles or so, until we realized it was starting to get very warm in the car.
"We've had the window wings closed all day", I noted.
"Yeah", Aaron agreed, "lets open them up and get some airflow in here".
We drove along for a few miles, and I started hearing a faint whine, that I began to imagine might be a front wheel bearing. Finally Aaron looked over at me and asked, "Are you hearing that?"
"Yeah, but I'm pretty sure it's coming from your side", I affirmed.
"No", he argued, "It's definitely coming from your side!"
We both hung our heads out the side windows to better pinpoint where the sound was coming from to no avail.
"I swear it's louder in the car..."
"It certainly is", he interjected, "but that doesn't really make sense".
After a few more miles, I asked him start closing his window wing slowly. When he had moved it only a few inches, the sound stopped.
"Wow...that's weird, it's never done that before, but we are running into a bit of a cross wind so I think that's contributing", I suggested. With our minds at ease we just let it howl and adjusted our psyches to accept it as another of the sounds the Valiant makes that are "normal".

Pic#1. This is real navigation! No GPS needed for Scott!
Pic #2. Rolling through the Illinois countryside!

188-drive-from-madison-to-indy.jpg1412694_10207606239341377_1892341661464123586_o.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines