Finally the Hot Rod van moved back to take pics of John and Opal in the 67 Valiant and a few minutes later I received a text from Opal that read "We need to pull over, our headlights aren't working".
We were just reaching the edge of town, about to cross under I-72, so we pulled off into an area with a gas station, two motels, and a fifties themed diner that had apparently closed about six months prior judging from the overgrown shrubs in the parking lot.
John fiddled with the light switch a few times, and the headlights appeared to be working just fine.
"That photographer was a pain in the tail!" John complained, "He kept asking for lights, but I had already pulled the switch, so I don't know what the problem was!"
Aaron had been on his phone as soon as we shut the Valiant off, and he walked over to John and I to relay that Robert was only a few miles away and asked for us to wait up. I looked at our clump of cars and the abandoned diner and decided to fetch my camera for a few shots myself. Robert showed up shortly along with the second Hot Rod camera crew, the ones that were documenting the Firebird in the ditch, they grabbed a few quick shots of us as well, and jumped back out on the road.

Top photo by the Amateur
Bottom photo by the Pro

Yeah, I suck!

069 - Copy.JPG348hrd-150900-faces-of-drag-week-2015-racers-portraits - Copy.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines