Our next visitor was Jason Tabscott in his mid-nine second N/A small block 75 Camaro. He had been changing all four tires and wheels at each track, so he offered up one of his lightweight M/T Pro-5 and front runners to allow me to get to the motel. I was actually relieved when the tire was a little too tall and rubbed the leading edge of the fender as I really didn't want to be responsible for scratching up a four hundred dollar wheel! We even attempted to use his 13" trailer spare, but it wouldn't clear the Wilwood disc brakes!
We were in the process of helping Jason get his trailer back in order so he could leave, when Dylan returned with the Weld wheel from his mustang, this time accompanied by his dad.
Sure enough, it bolted right up, and cleared everything, but the tire was dry rotted to the point of cracks in what little tread was left.
"How are we going to get this back from you?", Dylan's dad asked the question the kid was too shy to broach.
"You guys coming out to the track tomorrow", John asked.
"Well...I'd like to", Dylan's voice trailed off as he looked at the ground and kicked a rock off the curb, "Mike Myers with the Corvairs is a friend, and he invited us to hang with him...but-"
"I'm sure Billy will throw you some cash to get through the gate", John volunteered, "Then you can get his cell number, and call him once you arrive".
I numbly reached for my wallet, fished out a twenty, and handed it to Dylan. "Yeah", his Dad laughed, "That should work, we'll see you tomorrow!"
We exchanged cell numbers while John torqued the lugs, and Skippy started putting the Belvedere's trunk back in order.

12374904_10153926672793149_5357928011642236876_o.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines