I took my bags out to the car, and grabbed a few things off the continental breakfast, then I received a text from John, letting me know they were already calling the Street Machine Eliminator session to the lanes. I figured if that was the case, it wouldn't do any good to rush the brothers around, but I might as well get Rachael up and get her out to the track.

The second day at Drag Week always has a decidedly different feel than the first, most notably, because the drive just punched a majority of these competitors straight in the mouth. Everyone responds to that in different ways, some go on the defensive, some come out swinging, but either way, it's not all fun and games! While Rachael and Skippy were preparing to leave, I fired up his laptop to check out the day one results. The first thing that leapt off the page was the Street Race Small Block Normally Aspirated. Last year, it was a nice, easy class to talk about, with a very defined pecking order from Day 1 to Day 5. Paul Cornman, led wire to wire, with a 10.02 average, Steve Reimann, was comfortably in second at a 10.29 average, then Danny Roberts was third at 10.90 easily covering Kevin Studaker's 11.03.
With five of the top six competitors back for 2015, I felt it was reasonable to expect a similar outcome. My first look at the results of the first day, blew that completely out of the water.
Paul's Demon had thrown down a solid 2 tenth improvement from the previous year, and that left him currently in 5th! Danny Roberts' Used Antifreeze Metallic 80 Malibu was leading a pack of six 9 second cars, and seven 10 second cars, with an unreal 9.52-141, a 1.38 second improvement over his first run in 2014!

100_6313_zpscdlf2lwt.jpg107-day-two-drag-week-road-trip-lpr.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines