The fourth and final set of round three included the white 66 Mustang of Jeff Gallagher, who once again approached the water box by himself, but this time the lane presenter walked under the tower to wave someone up instead of just giving a quick look and calling for a single.

With the benefit of hindsight, and watching the live replay, I can give you the breakdown on how the Gateway employee handled both situations.
At the end of round Two, he sent the Mustang to his burnout on a single 62 seconds after the previous pair cleared the finish line, and a scant 20 seconds later you can hear John pull the Valiant out from under the tower.
At the end of round three, The Mustang sat, ready to approach the water, while the track worker repeatedly motioned to Jeremy Wilson in the Chevy II to come out from under the tower, where his crew appeared to be changing the nitrous bottle. The two of them pulled into the water box 48 seconds after the previous pair cleared the traps.
Using my mediocre math skills, I presume that John missed his opportunity to repeat as winner of the bracket race by about thirty seconds, which is pretty tough after running all over four states for a week just to get to that point.

Gallagher had a chance to take the NHRA Super Street racer out, but the little Mustang broke out by a scant three thousandths.

Boone and I moved over to a side table in the suite, and decided to hang out there to watch the next round. If I could have scripted it, I would have had Passerby and Wilson matched up in the final, but they ended up paired in the semis.
"I'd put all my chips on Passerby if this was on a sportsman tree, but Wilson has made thousands of runs on a pro tree", I explained to Boone.

My analysis turned out to be wrong, as both guys deep staged, and both cut identical .037 lights. The difference was Passerby's normally aspirated 70 Nova just couldn't overcome the deepstage, the hotlapping, and the tenth under dial and still run the number. He went 10.86-127 out the back on his 10.79, while Wilson fanned the brakes and went 10.82 on his 10.77 for the win.
The second pair in the semis looked like a bad three stooges skit.
Burke cut a horrible 1.1 second reaction time, which meant Nick Taylor's faster 80 Malibu was on him by the 60ft. clocks. Nick became so enamored with hanging a bumper on him though, that he rode him all the way down the track only to give up the stripe by two thou, and run a full second over his dial!

100-street-machine-eliminator-hot-rod-drag-week-2015-race-results-scr.jpg12091385_10153737377723938_867057324802713871_o (2).jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines