Originally Posted By Just-a-dart
Will the silver Shadow make it back in time? Will the brothers Gebhart still be on speaking terms when it is over? Will Skippy run from the crazyness and take the bus home?

So many story lines, Thanks Billy for the fun read!

See, even I need help to remember! I was looking for the perfect segway, but since Rod brought it up I'll return to the turbo 4 banger, front scratcher group. The little shadow was shoved into the pit spot shared with the red Daytona, and the black Omni. They had an E-Z up in the middle with their Shelby Dodge Auto Club banner strapped to two of the legs. The five guys present all jumped in to help with a practiced, measured demeanor that led me to believe this wasn't their first axle replacement. The real surprise to me was when one of them opened the top of a large plastic tote, reached inside and produced a ready to bolt in axle wrapped in bubble tape. I wondered to myself just how many axles did they bring to make sure they could finish the week? Now you have to understand, it's not like they just drove back to the starting line, once the car was repaired, they had to get in the lanes and wait for their shot. Still, from broken parts burnout, to ready to race burnout, the total elapsed time was one hour and forty seven minutes! Patrick actually made his second attempt before all the Gebharts made thiers, and he took an 11.99-115 for his trouble!

12095231_897423796992455_3642520215853047553_o.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines