Dale and James had just crawled out from under the Gremlin when we got back, they were under it in an attempt to adjust the coil springs up higher on the shocks in hopes of not bottoming out quite so much on this portion of the road trip. With all that crap hanging off the back on their hitch cart, I had my doubts!
Rachael, Skippy, and Aaron had both of our cars ready to roll, Dad and Darren had already hooked up the trailer to the Barnyard, and John had his trailer hooked up, and the tarp bungied down with precision, so it appeared we were ready to roll.

Darren and Dale got the early jump on us this time, as we sat at the track entrance forever trying to find a hole in the traffic to make a left on US 136. Rachael and I, along with Boone, John, and Robert, all pulled into the first gas station we came across, about four miles down the road. We filled up with gas while Rachael stocked up everyone's coolers with ice and drinks.

We were almost ready to head out again when Daryl Yost's thumping 69 Chevelle came to a stop behind us, and he jumped out along with Mike, from the passenger's side (remember, the Drag Week Odd Couple). Who'd of thought, when they made their pact on registration day, that the 9 second car would be playing parts gopher for the 15 second Firebird? They were looking for an electric fuel pump, or possibly fittings to help them convert over to a smaller parts store electric pump. John stared at his perfectly wrapped trailer, then started taking straps loose, and dug out his spare mallory 140. Boone went through Dale's extensive collection of spare fittings, and since Dale wasn't there to complain, gave them enough for several different options. They left in the Chevelle, fairly confident that they could piece the Pontiac back together, and get it on the road.

We all pitched in to get John's trailer back under the tarp, and started out of Indianapolis.

000-wagons-trucks-amc-gassers-freaks-and-ratty-muscle-cars-of-drag-week-2015 - Copy.jpg199hrd-150900-faces-of-drag-week-2015-racers-portraits - Copy.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines