Originally Posted By furious70
That was a fun 30min or however long it was as you guys were trying to get the car to run the number. And luckily we got back to our cars before we got soaked!

Very true Jeremy, it seems that's the way Drag Week is at times, just a flurry of activity and urgency.

When Boone brought the Valiant back into our spot, Skippy and I immediately jumped on the exhaust, figuring we needed to get that done before the rain hit. I asked him where Rachael was, and he explained that she had went to the tower to have Brian Lohnes wish Opal Hindley a happy Birthday over the loud speaker, and then turn in her time slip. Rachael and Opal both have Birthdays during Drag Week, so that has been fun to share with them. I figured I had time to turn my slip after the rain arrived, so I just kept working on the car.
Suddenly I noticed the Hot Rod staffer who had been manning the scales standing near me. When I acknowledged him, he bent down and asked, "Did you switch drivers on that last run?"
"Uhh, yeah!" I confirmed. Boone was a registered driver in the event, so I couldn't think of any rules violations that we had commited, so I didn't feel compelled to shade the truth.
"OK", he smiled and straightened up, "That explains it! I've been weighing this Valiant all week at 3140-3160 depending on the scale, and when it came across at 3020 on that last run it freaked me out! You guys were pushing that 3K limit for all it was worth!"
He spun around and headed for the toter home before I could compose a witty response. It was just as well because moments later we were getting pelted with quarter sized rain drops.

pp-3445.jpg12045674_10153749384753938_3891556820758199357_o.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines