I'm going further down the rabbit hole....

I swapped intake gaskets yesterday. I torqued the intake properly this time, and instantly I noticed that I wasn't pulling vacuum from the PCV system like before. I could feel pulses coming out, and thats where I needed to be.

While I ran it with the intake improperly installed, I had two things working against me. A HUGE vacuum leak that was making my air fuel ratio all sorts of wacky, and I was pulling oil from the PCV system into the ports.

My plugs were used, stock heatrange eagle plugs by NGK. They're DONE FOR. I pulled them when they were fuel wetted yesterday and cleaned them up, but they're really stinky any black. So much so that I question if they're even firing at all. I've still got a no start issue, flood clear mode only does so much and after a few minutes of trying to get it to start it only fired once for a few seconds.

Here is what they looked like after I cleaned them up with a torch.

I've categorized what is working against me:

-11.5:1 with fuel and oil fouled plugs
-Old fuel, I'm dropping the tank this weekend and putting fresh 93.
-Oxygen sensor was run with open headers, it may be fouled out. I'll start by recalibrating
-A leaking intake (fixed, but caused problems)
-Not a lot of runtime or heat in the engine yet because of the poor idle air fuel ratio and run on problems.

I'm taking a step back and doing the following:

-Swap stock plugs for NGK 1 step colder iridium plugs
-Drop tank, replace fuel and put a new filter on the fuel system.
-Bench test all injectors and coils. I dont want the old fuel to gum the injectors up and if so...send them to get cleaned.
-As soon as its running, clean the idle fuel settings up and get it to 14.7 A/F. Once up to temp, tune further. Drive it as soon as I can and clear things out.

My Build thread: Let the hemi swap begin!

1968 wanna be pro touring whatchamacallit with some fancy stuff and a new roof skin.